1/02/2009

happy new year!

Everyone always talks about "spring cleaning", but yesterday as I was taking down my Christmas decorations, I thought - what better time for a fresh clean house than on the first day of the new year? And I mean, organizing, weeding out, and paring down. While I only got 2 rooms done so far, it feels great to know that my cabinets are uncluttered, and my kitchen table is usable once  more!
A few tips from Sunset Magazine on uncluttering a space:

1. Build in flexibility: Cubbies and storage that's easily modified when your needs change.
2. Put furniture to work: Double duty pieces are great, especially in small spaces!
3. Maximize wall space
4. Access what you often need
5. Hide what you rarely use

Good luck with your own simplifying efforts, and just know that the rewards of a calming, clean space are totally worth it!

No comments:

 
Site Meter