11/12/2008

diy idea-inexpensive winter decor


So, it's no secret that I'm a tad obsessed with the holidays. Come late September, when the nights start getting chilly, I start getting so excited for the coming season...there's just so much to love about it! Peppermint mochas, decorating, more excuses to hang out with friends and family, great food, wrapping gifts, A Christmas Story... 
There is a rule in my house that I can't start decorating for Christmas until December 1st, but I am allowed to decorate for winter before that. So I'm always finding ideas for "wintery" decor. I've always loved this idea, plus it's basically free. Silver spray paint and pinecones-love them in a tall clear cylindrical vase as well, or you could attach a loop of ribbon to make ornaments when you finally get your tree. Enjoy!
More of that West Elm accessory styling that I love...

No comments:

 
Site Meter