11/13/2008

a little bicycle love

Image ©Copenhagen Cycle Chic

Yesterday I found a really fun new blog, called Copenhagen Cycle Chic. Apparently Denmark is the cycling capital of the world, but not road bike style. It's all people going to work, going out, wearing totally fashionable heels and boots and overcoats riding really killer old-school cruiser bikes. They have a whole system of bike lanes in place and everything! So jealous...
Anyway, some fun photos on there. And they have a store, where they sell products for The Slow Bicycle Movement, whose motto is "style over speed". Love love love this tote bag. 
Well it's rainy today, or else I'd be in the mood to pedal to work. It doesn't look like that stops Copenhageners, though, but I guess I'm not that hard core. Plus, I would probably die if I tried to bike down the side of the road here holding an umbrella like they do...

No comments:

 
Site Meter